Friday, November 1, 2013

"Its our pure magic cant be helped cant be avoided. "

Well I've been a little behind on the blog. This email was from like 2 weeks ago! Lame sister I am!! OH well, here it is :)




This week went by quite fast! Cant even remember all the things that have happened!
Anyways. We had another Lesson with Rachel! She is doing great love her! We talked about the Plan of Salvation which she really liked. We have asked her the last few times if she would like to pray but she has not felt comfortable with it yet. When we asked her on Tuesday she did not even hesitate. I asked her she said yes then we and got on her knees and prayed. It was awesome. She said that she has been praying for patience with understanding and learning she said her prayers have been answered and that she has been really learning alot. which is great! We will see her again tomorrow!
We went over to a lady who is less active in the Maynard ward. She is super nice. Her cat just had kittens! There were 4 of them, only 3 days old! We got to hold them...okay well Sister Ah Quin held them...you know me..haha just admired from a distance. Very cute either way!
We got to help another less active we are working with in her garden. Yea, I felt pretty cool though. Wanna know why? Here in NZ they use things the MACHETES to weed-wack. Yes. So I felt pretty awesome machetting the weeds. However there were about 5,000 snails..no wait sorry 5 MILLION SNAILS!!! They are not little snails they are huge as snails. Eww. 
I got a hair cut...I miss my mom..haha
We had Zone meeting Friday! It was great! Really learned alot. We have 4 companionships in my zone. Sister Ah Quin and I are the only Sisters. But our Elders are GREAT! They are sweet as.
I am sure I have told you about the Less Active Lady in the Deseret ward? The one who told us not to come back..then we came back anyway but with cinnamon rolls. Then we talked to her about the temple and she told us that she needs us? Well she took her first temple prep class Yesterday! I am so excited for her! She is making great changes and she can see the difference that it is making in her life. Its awesome to see!
Just so you know Sister Ah Quin and I are a pretty hot commodity here in the VC. Everyone just gets supah pumped when they are on shift with us..and we are just like yahh. Its our pure magic cant be helped cant be avoided haha.
Queso. I may be the ONLY person who just now figured this out..but I have one of those cheap CTR rings. You know the ones they give you in primary that turn your finger green? Yea, one of those. Anyways...I was looking at it and in my head I was like okay..CTR Choose the Right. You know same ol same ol. Then I read it back words..RTC. hmm Right To Choose. Light bulb. We have the right to choose the right. Heavenly Father loves us, so He has given us the right to choose what we will do here on earth. 2 Nephi 2:27 "Wherefore, men are free according to the flesh; and all things are given then which are expedient nto man. And they are free to choose liberty and eternal life through the great mediator of all men, or to choose captivity and death, according to the captivity and power of the devil; for he seeketh that all men might be miserable like unto himself" The choice is pretty clear. But none the less we have still been gifted with the right to choose. Let us not choose eternal death and captivity. Let us choose eternal life, peace, joy, happiness! Remember the choice is yours!  But even if you make the wrong choice we are always given ways to move forward and to be forgiven so that we can change and have the ability to choose the right again. That is through repentance. We must remember that repentance is not a punishment, its a hope filled path to eternal bliss. We must recognize the power of Christ's atonement and we must remember He did that for us. That we may be forgiven!
Okay. Done rambling now..
Sister Ah quin and I made bleach shirts. I will have to show pictures later. We are going on a hike with out Elders today so that should be fun!
Well all. Have a great week! Love ya heaps!!
Sister Holmes!


No comments:

Post a Comment