Thursday, October 17, 2013

Boom. Kick to the Spirit bone!

here is Sister Holmes' email for the week! Super good to hear from her :) she sent a few pictures but she only let me put 3 of them on the blog. & i don't particularly feel like having her mad at me! Enjoy :D


Subject line...Elder Wasden in district meeting. To which sister ah Q and I have to say "ooo burn" haha get it? haha hopefully.... anyway...

This week was...WET. Yeah...so the Sunny and Warm weather? That was a joke..haha the day I wrote that it rained. Then rained everyday since. I dont think I have seen so much rain. Ever. Its funny because cant even use umbrellas because  its windy..so we just get wet! But anyway. The rain actually led to a faith building experience. DON'T LAUGH. It may sound a little but silly. But here it goes. (Sorry its kind of long)
        Saturday morning was a particularly rainy day. We were having companion study that morning. It was also the morning of General Conference. We looked out the window and what did we see?? What appeared to be buckets upon buckets of water being dropped from the sky! Then it started to hail! I was less than excited to brace the weather outside to walk to the chapel. Okay lets be real. I really really did not want to go outside. We finished our companion study then closed with a prayer. I remember thinking after the prayer "I have the faith that the rain will stop if it be God's will" (I know sounds lame as) We then gathered out things to head to the chapel ready to face the weather and get soaked as! However, by the time we were out the door there was a break in the weather. The Sun peaked around the clouds. We then made out way (quickly) to the chapel. Got there safe and dry! It may seem silly or nothing more than "good timing" or even a "happy Coincidence" but it was an experience I treasured. It once again testified to me that Heavenly Father Knows me. He knows who I am, what I am going through, my heart and my desires haha and even  that I needed a little break from getting rained on. Most importantly He loves me. While I know that He wont always stop the storms and they may not pass as quickly as I would like. Heavenly Father is mindful of me. No matter what.
Again I have realized how much Heavenly Father loves His missionaries. I lost my pocket hymn book (sorry Grandma) I lost it over a month ago. I had prayed and prayed to find it. Then all of the sudden someone found it! Which was a miracle because of how long ago I had lost it AND my name was not in in. Boom. Also in 3 Nephi 13:31-33 is says. 
 31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
 32 For your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
33 But aseek ye first the bkingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you.

It seems that when ever we stand in need of food or someone is ALWAYS there with a meal. With out us even asking. I dont really need more food....haha but There is always someone prepared to help us.
We had another lesson with Rachel. She is so great! She made us peppermint fudge which was nice of her. She is really progressing well and we are meeting with her again Tuesday! :) 

LOVED .LOVED. LOVED. Conference. A few of my favorite quotes (We didnt get to watch all of it yet)
         * Doubt your Doubts before you Doubt your faith! 
         * Never look back. Look at what we still have to do. (Endure to the End!!)
         * The past is to be learned from, but not lived in. 
         * Faith is always pointing us to the future.
Boom. Kick to the Spirit bone! 

Oh a member got us Hangi. (that is one of the times we needed food and they are like hey we got you Hangi!) What is Hangi you may ask? Well its when they put all the food in the ground and smoke it.Usually a big pig. I have had it twice. I think if you do it well it comes out and taste like food and not just like fire. haha they call it Imu in Hawaii .
Also Sister Ah Q and I have started to do video journals. SO that's a hoot and a half.
Oh! I had to give a tour to a lady who works in the Church History Centre...stressful! I had to do the History portion. BUT good news! She said I did Lovely! Hazza for History! 

Oh, I had two people come in that I had some sort of connection to. One guy came in and Knew a friend from back home. Then Fridaynight a women that I met on Facebook came in!! (She lives in Auckland and gave me a lot of advice on what to bring) It was pretty cool!!
This week was good. Looking Forward to what we still have to do! Remember I love you! You are great! I am very lucky to have such supportive family and friends! Have a great week! Remember to share the gospel with all!  Love ya heaps!
Sister Holmes! 
Kia Kaha. Stay Classy.
0 (4608×2586)
Sista Holmes & Sista Ah Quin

0 (3072×2669)
uhh?


0 (4608×3456)
hangi!

No comments:

Post a Comment