Sunday, November 24, 2013

Get a sliver doing service at the temple. Thug Life.

Here is Sister Holmes' email from last week. :) it's a good one!


Don't have heaps of time today! But hey thats okay!

"If nothing happens nothing happens" this was said in sacrament meeting. Really stood out to me now sure why is pretty obvious! I mean if we aren't doing anything nothing is going to happen. If we want something to change but dont do anything nothing will change. We have agency and we need to make things happen.  That simple. 

This week was pretty good! A little sad because transfers are coming up this Thursday! Change is good but sometimes hard. But its nice to know that where ever I go its where Heavenly Fathers KNOWS I need to be. 

I tired Fish and Chips this week. Was not too bad..but that could be because the fish was battered and fired...haha 

Had another Lesson with Rachel. She came to church and we were able to meet with her partner. (boyfriend) That was cool She is so great!! 

We had Elder Holstom come and speak to us so that was pretty cool! I feel bad...I didnt know realize who he was until he left..But He gave a really great talk. Elder Hamula spoke to us as well and his wife. She is sooo awesome! Funny too! I got to see Sister Swindler as well so that was GREAT! Miss her!! 

We got to help put us Christmas lights at the temple!!! I have been waiting ages to do it and they finally called us! We also ended up helping with the garden. The weather was perfect and the temple is beautiful so its a win win. I did however get a sliver..I know. I know. Get a sliver doing service at the temple. Thug Life. 

We had a birthday Party for Elder Son! He is our District leader. It was great! We decorated the place and everything, played heaps of fun games. It was a hoot. 

Did some Cook Island Dancing. The sister that is teaching us says I have a natural swing. Man you have to be pretty fit to do that stuff! Its such a work out on your legs! So ladies that want a good work out. Cook Island dancing is fun as!

Another thing that stood out to me was something that Brother Bourne said its " Faith over Fear, Faith over doubt, faith over the unknown and the unseen." It reminded me of the "Doubt your Doubts before you doubt your faith" When we place faith over fear, over doubt over the unknown and the unseen everything else just seems to fall into place. We have a greater understanding of Heavenly Father and His love for us. We are able to place our faith in His Plan for us and in Christ Atoning sacrifice and KNOW that everything is going to be alright! Better than alright because we have a purpose and we have faith in that purpose. We have a hope for things which we cannot see but we know to be true. That faith can lead us to live happier and more fulfilled lives. Knowing our purpose. Its hard sometimes, but He is always there for us. 

Well outta time! I hope you are all doing well and have a great week!! We will have to wait and see what transfers bring!! 

Love ya heaps and miss ya more!!! 

Sister Holmes 

No comments:

Post a Comment