Sunday, February 9, 2014

"You Got What the Maoris call..."

Woo hoo! Email from Sister Holmes! This is a good one. I loved that her prank backfired. She's almost at her 9 month mark which means she's halfway done! It's gone by so slowly, it seems, but then again it's gone rather quickly. She's doing an amazing job and is touching so many lives with her personality and spirit. I LOVE IT! Enjoy the email, it's a good one! No pictures this week, unfortunately.



We watched a Mormon Message at Zone meeting this week and It was by President Utchdorf. He said " We will be able to do all things through Christ who strengthens us"
Which reminded me of a scripture I thought I would share with yous today. It is in Ether 12  
 
          27 And if men come unto me I will show unto them their aweakness. I bgive unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my cgrace is sufficient for all men that dhumble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make eweak things become strong unto them.
 
He gives us weakness so we can be humble! But we can be made strong! We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us :)
 
Speaking of Zone meeting....I thought I was going to be funny right. I love to think I am funny haha so for Zone meeting I had brought this dress from the opp shop (thrift store) It was $2 and worth every penny. Anyway it looks like it is from the 80s or something (Not super sure on the time era..) It goes down to my ankles is blue and white checked, buttons up the front and there is a tie in the back. Its just really old school. So got it as kind of a joke for Zone meeting. Then Sister Miggin got one as well! We thought we would be so funny. I even wore a cardigan! That plus my glasses I looked like a old school librarian. Guess how many people thought it was funny. 2. Sister Miggin and I hahahaha everyone else loved my dress. We has comments such as "You look so beautiful! I love your dress" From one of the sisters and "that's a mean dress sister Holmes!" From one of the Elders. All goods. Have to think of a better prank next time haha
 
This week was good though. Heaps of miracles! Its been hot as however! Sooo Flippin hot.  It was Waitangi day on Thursday. All I know is that Waitangi day is in celebration of the signing of the treaty of Waitangi between the Pakeha (white people) and the Maoris.
 
Sister Miggin has been a tad on the sick side. We went and saw Teno and Sister Miggin made mention that she was not feeling well and told Teno her symptoms. Teno diagnosed her(....hopefully no one is offended by this...haha) she says "You got what the Maori call the runs!" We has another lesson with her and her partner Garrison (the one read the Book of Mormon) Sat in the whole time and asked heaps of questions. She keeps saying how much she just wants to plant the seed in him so he can grow his faith. Her Sister in law is also investigating in the other ward. Teno went to one of the lessons and told the missionaries where to read about the fall in the Book of Mormon! We had talked about it before and she remembered where it was! haha Crack up! She is sharing the gospel with all the people! Its that best!
 
Man so mission gossip is a pretty big thing. Everyone wants to know all the things about all the people. Its nuts really. I think its becoming a really big problem. And I can see how devastatingly negative it can be to a companionship, to a district, zone and even a mission. Its nuts! My companion and I decided that no more! We would not instigate or participate in any gossip. With others and even in our companionship. It was hard at first. BUT I can see how much our companionship has grown and even just how much it benefits those around us. Repent and move forward everyday! I am exceedingly joyful that we have the opportunity to learn and grow. Repent and move forward. That we can learn from mistakes and become better.
 
Valentines Day is this Friday so I wanted to just express my love for all of yous! Man yous are da best! I have come to learn on my mission that it is all about LOVE and Charity. Which is the pure love of Christ. Cheesy aye? Its all about love! God loves us so He sent us here so we can become like Him. He loves us so He gave us a plan to follow and a way to return.

1 John 4:1010 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.


He sent His son to die for us as apart of that plan. Christ suffered and died for us why? Because He loves us and God. We keeps the commandments and make promises with God because we love Him! When we follow God and keep His commandments we show our love. We have love in our families and for our friends. Our lives are so much more fulfilling when motivated by love and charity. People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care!
I love yous all and I hope you know that!
Have a wonderful week!

LOVE
Sister Holmes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment