Sunday, October 6, 2013

Propolis Herbal Elixir

Okay this whole coughing fiasco really made me laugh. I remember the incident she eluded to about how our mom had to corner her in the laundry room just so she would take the darn liquid medicine...She was crying and being SO dramatic. I couldn't help but laugh, secretly of course. Oh, how I miss her! Well, here's her email from the week of 9/29.


Hmm so I have been sick for like a week right? My cough is the one thing that just wont leave me alone!! But you know the work must go on ay? We went and visited a less active in the Maynard ward. Try as I might I could not keep the coughing at bay. She then told me she has this medicine that is all she ever uses and it works every time. She is a nurse so I was like cool! What is it? She brings out this bottle of Propolis Herbal Elixir. For those of you who know me really well you will now that I DO NOT take liquid medication. I Refuse. I would rather be sick. Any ways she hands me the bottle and a giant spoon....tells me to take some now and then take it every 4 hours!! Da Heck! I was panicking! In my head I was trying to think how in the world I was going to gag this stuff down!! (The last time I remember taking liquid medicine was many years ago and my mom had to corner me in the laundry room to take it and I am sure none of it ended up in my mouth...) I Open the bottle. Smelled it...bad Idea. It smelled Vile! I was terrified I was not going to be able to get it down!. But Blessings. I was able to get it down while EVERYONE WATCHED! It actually was only like 85% as bad as it smelled. It seems to have helped a little..I just need to take it more so that It can work faster. But There is your kicks and giggles for this week! Gotta start if off right! 


This week was great!! We have a new investigator and she is really keen!! We taught her at the VC on Tuesday and it was such an awesome lesson!!! She is coming back this Tuesday to learn more! She is one of those people who are prepared to receive the gospel! Her name is Rachel. I am really excited for her next lesson :D 

We also have been working with a recent convert who just moved here from Australia. She is in her 60s and is Indian but lived in Australia for most of her life. We always have a good time with her. We taught her a song and sort of dance this last time call Father Abraham. Which another family taught to us. I will have to show you when I get some..its a crack up! 

Oh yes. Transfers! Well they were on Thursday. Not much changed here. They did take Sister Swindler away. Heavenly Father knew what she needed and because He knows I will accept that He had to take her away haha She really is one of my best friends! The Area President came and spoke to us at zone conference he said that the people we serve with on our missions will become eternal relationships and they will never be forgotten. Its very true! I have never had good luck with picking the best of Friends but It seems Heavenly Father has blessed me with heaps of wonderful new friends! So now I can have friends in addition to my family. Even though they are still my bestest best friends. haha Okay sorry that was a random ramble....in short. I am still in Temple View with Sister Ah Quin! This next transfer is 8 weeks! We have heaps of time to make a difference here once again! I love the View! 

Oh yes and now I actually have a district leader and TWO Zone leaders! haha Which is normal. But My whole time out I Have never had a district leader and only one zone leader or no zone leaders. haha 

Saturday in the VC was great! We are back to having 4 companionship in the VC. Which is great for Sundays because there are always heaps of people! I gave tour to Sister Qaqa investigator which was really cool! She was great! Then An Indian man came in with his none member Brother and Mother who were visiting from Fiji. That was really cool too!! Gotta love the power of the VC!!  

We had a baptism last night! Praise Peters! She is 13. The baptism was really wonderful!! Bah but we had to go on an adventure to find the key to the font..then when we found it..we had to find someone who could go into the mens restroom to turn the water on. We did all of that and sat and waited for it to be filled up. Takes about 45 mintues...but we didnt fill it up enough! Awkward. Brother Wihongi was the one who baptized Praise...he had to dunk her down pretty low to get her all under there.. oh dear. haha But It all worked out and she seemed really happy! All the young women where there to support her and that was great too!! 

Sister Swindler and I would do this thing where we would pick a phrase out of the Book of Mormon or Bible that we read during our personal study then we would HAVE to try and use it throughout the day. Today its "Fools mock but they shall mourn" but on a more serious note here is the scripture:

 26 And when I had said this, the Lord spake unto me, saying:aFools bmock, but they shall mourn; and my grace is sufficient for the meek, that they shall take no advantage of your weakness;
 27 And if men come unto me I will show unto them theiraweakness. I bgive unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my cgrace is sufficient for all men that dhumble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make eweak things become strong unto them. 
It really stood out to me because we all have weakness! But We are given weakness so that we may be humble and teachable. That we might better learn of Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father. If we humble ourselves and come unto Them. They will make us strong. That is a promise that Heavenly Father has blessed us with! I know that as we seek to to these things we will be blessed and feel in more abundance His love for us. 
I am not sure if anyone actually makes it to the end of these letters or if you just get bored and cant be bothered with reading the rest! Either way! I love you all and miss you  more! Hope you all have an amazing week!! 
Your Favourite Sister Missionary, MAH JOKES 
Sister Holmes 

0 (4608×3456)
last of the pure magic of the tri-panionship!
0 (4608×3456)
"Looks like caramel, tastes like death! Sneaky elixir!"
0 (4608×3456)
She made that cute necklace!
0 (3456×4608)
it's all rotated and i can't figure out how to switch it around! 
0 (3456×4608)
really bugged that this is all rotated! oh well. this is Praise.










No comments:

Post a Comment