Sunday, December 15, 2013

I feel like Luke from star wars trying to defend the people against....well from all the things. Mostly Satan...or Darth Vader if you will.

Here's Sister Holmes' email from like 3 weeks ago. Since I'm a terribly lame sister I haven't updated her letters on the blog. Oh well. It's nice to go back and read her emails again anyway. She didn't send any pictures with this email, but that's okay because apparently they're not even showing up! Lame!! 



Want to know that they call our area.... THE DARK SIDE!!! I feel like Luke from star wars trying to defend the people against....well from all the things. Mostly Satan...or Darth Vader if you will. 


People here love my accent..they try to get me to say things just because they think it sounds cool. Its great because it gives me an excuse to talk to them! Winner winner!


This week has been pretty good!!! Had heaps of good things! We had Zone Conference that was awesome! 
 We got to go up to Redoubt which is like an hour away and spend time learning with all the Zones in South Auckland so that was fun!! Got to see some of my favorite missionaries so that was good! We talked heaps about how God is our LOVING Heavenly Father. That He is a man of flesh and bone. Not some vapor or some mist He is our father who loves us soooooo much! We talked about how important it is to realize that and to understand our divine potential. We had heaps of pizza so that was a plus! ALSO I got little notes from sister ah quin and Davis from the VC! They are so sweet! Its was good to hear from them!! I really miss Sister Ah Quin..She is sooo much fun. She is like a long lost friend someone, that in the pre existence we said "Yeah!!! We are going to serve a mission together and remind all of our friends that they know the gospel is true!!That they accepted it and that is why they are here!" I imagine we were really excited about it and knew how much fun it would be. And it was! Something that was said at Zone conf was we are all members we just need to REmember! 


That same night we had companionship exchanges. That was actually fun! I had my doubts but I have learned  that not matter the situation what ever your out look is effects greatly how it will turn out. Ones attitude affects soo much! Anyway...We had the exchange and I went with Sister Lameroux. She came out with sister Pearce. She is great! We were walking back to the flat and she heard someone yelling..so we turn around and there are 3 kids yelling for us to come over..so we did. Not gonna lie we were a bit hesitant..but we went. We were joking as to what they wanted...we thought "Oh you want to be baptized! We can help you!" and "yes you can come to church!" We get up there and there are 3 of them, 13, 11 and 10 they tell us "Hey we want to learn more about God can you teach us" sooo yea that was unexpected! But they came to church and to our baptism on Sunday! Wahoo! They are really great kids! 


We had a lesson with one of our Investigators. Her name is Sarah. We had a mean lesson about the atonement! It was awesome. Speaking of the atonement..let me share a scripture I read in personal study the other day that I LOVED!!! Ready??? Here its is ..........
 21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also asuffered for us, leaving us an bexample, that ye should follow his steps:

 22 Who did no asin, neither was bguile found in his mouth:

 23 Who, when he was areviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but bcommitted himself to him that judgeth righteously:

 24 Who his own self abare our bsins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose cstripes ye were healed.

 25 For ye were as asheep going astray; but are now returned unto the bShepherd and cBishop of your souls.



I love when its says "who his own self bare OUR sins in his own body on the tree that we being dead to sins should LIVE unto righteousness by whose stripes ye were healed"

He took upon Himself OUR sins He died for US its incredible! All so that we would not have to suffer in our sins so that we might be forgiven if we choose to repent. That we may live in righteousness in this life and the life to come! SO that through his stripes we may be healed. I would say He loves us HEAPS! 
In other news I got a sick as sunburn..you know the kind that make your skin peel..yes you are welcome for the information about my self :) I know you are all very curious! You were all probably thinking "hmm I wonder if Sister Holmes sunburn is peeling" Dont lie well all know. 
We had a baptism on Sunday! 3 Amazing little kids! 13, 11 and 8. They are supah smart loved teaching them and talking with them! They are awesome. 
We are going to play kick ball with our zone today. That should be fun! Maybe...haha the Elders we are double covering with had to ask was kick ball was..must be an American game. Then one asked oh..Have you seen the show Recess? Is it like that? hahaha we said yes. Just like that. Love our Elders they are great. Our Zone is filled with just some really good missionaries. I love missionaries...not because I am one...haha just because the ones I get to serve around are great wonderful amazing people and I am blessed to be able to serve along side with them. 
I know this church is TRUE!!! I know it contains the FULNESS of the teachings of Jesus Christ! I know that this is the gospel of happiness and that God is our LOVING Heavenly Father. That Jesus Christ Suffered for the sins of the world so that we may be forgiven and return to live with God,Jesus Christ and our Families forever! I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet called of God to restore the fullness of the gospel to the earth  and that we have a living prophet today who leads and guides us. In all things we must remember Heavenly Father and Our Redeemer. 
Love and miss ya heaps!!!You are all sweet as! Dont forget it! 
Sister Holmes :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment