Monday, August 25, 2014

Kia Ora Whanau!

Email from Sister Holmes! She is doing so AWESOME! She even included some pictures this week! :) 




"You are the Sum total of all the you think, say, see, hear, feel and do in this life and before you change immediately with each good thought, each good act every good word changes you for the better. When you willingly obey the principles of the gospel, you are changed by the spirit of God to become incrementally more like Him."
"Every thought word and deed have an effect on us."
Positive thoughts bring positive feelings. Negative thoughts bring negative feelings. It all starts with what we think and what we are letting occupy our thoughts. If we are constantly thinking we are not good enough, we never will be. It we are always comparing ourselves to others we will never measure up. But if we remember and love the Lord, remember we are children of God we will find our purpose and meaning in this life. We will change into what our Father would have us become. 

This week was good! Leah was baptised and confirmed this weekend! It was awesome!! She was soo nervous but She is sooo happy. Love it.
I am grateful for worthy priesthood holders. You know, I have never been one to ask for priesthood blessings. I dont know why..I just dont ever ask. But this past week I was sort of struggling, not being able to concentrate so for my studies I was just went over when i was set apart to be a missionary how I felt instant calm..so I asked our elders to give me a blessing. They told me to pray to know who should give it to me...i hate choosing..I didnt want to offend either of them-they are both like little brothers to me. Anyway way we had some appointments to go to and then we met up so they could give me a blessing. I still didnt want to choose...I had made up in my head before I prayed that I was going to pick one..then when I prayed for some reason my mind was drawn to the other elder. Turns out from the moment I had called them he had started fasting and praying-I didnt know it at the time but he felt like I was going to choose him so he wanted to be ready. He gave me the blessing and I instantly felt calm. He said soo many things that I needed to hear, it was like my Heavenly Father came down and gave me a big hug and said Its going to be okay. Everything will be alright. I am proud of what you are doing-just keep doing it. Good elders. I am thankful that they can follow the spirit. haha funny too because I told sis mihaere I wanted one..but that I hate asking..nek minit the elders call and ask if we needed anything. I know Heavenly Father loves His children.
I have also noticed how easy we forget. I am guilty of it all the time! It seems like if we do not have constant daily reminders we will easily forget our purpose here. We need to always remember God and His plan of Happiness for us. "The purpose and central blessing of life is change. It is to be changed and become more like Jesus Christ. It is to incorporate into your character the qualities of His character. It is to move from one degree of intelligence and capacity to the next and from there to the next until to see God face to face and know Him and He knows you" We cannot know Him if we do not remember Him.  We need those daily constant reminders of who we are and whose we are so when we stand before God and Christ again we can declare we KNOW them and we followed them in this life.
I have been learning heaps this week and last. Personal study is honestly one of my favourite times of the day. Its like my mind is opened up and all this knowledge comes pouring in. and its all helping me to be a better disciple of Christ and just a better person. I care more for others its nice haha Love my life! Love the Gospel and Love Heavenly Father!
Hope yous all have a good day! and Week!
Love you heaps!


Sister Holmes, Leah, & Sister Mihaere

Leah's Baptism! :)


Sister Holmes lookin' fabulous & her companion Sister Mihaere

No comments:

Post a Comment