Monday, August 25, 2014

Ball of Happiness! (8/17/2014)

Crazy week! I forgot to post Sister Holmes' letter from last Sunday :( Here it is now! :)




Sometimes so much happens in one week i think there is NO way that all of that happened in one week. I pull out my planner and I check and sure enough...yep it all happened in one week. Sooo much goodness and sooo much love! Have you ever just felt sooo happy? Felt so much love and a sure knowledge that God is there and He loves you? That is how I feel. I feel like I just have so much love in my heart and so much joy that its a literally a ball of happiness and is too big to fit inside my body and it just wants to jump out and...HUG EVERYONE!
Okay so we were walking it town it was getting late, we had not eaten dinner because we had heaps of appointments and just didnt have time. We walk past a little place called the bakehouse and saw some people who looked like missionaries. Senior missionaries. We kept walking then we ended up having to turn around and walk back the same way. I saw a car that was obviously a mission car and to top it off it had a big red "U" on the back left corner of the windscreen. We walked past them again and the sister stopped us and showed us her badge. Then they brought us in and she bought us a hot chocolate. found out we hadn't eaten yet and then bought us dinner. We ate with them. It was so nice of them!
We had zone conference this week. Life changing! Wish I had time to type up all the things i learned..but I do no so I will share this quote :
"Every Challenge you face, every hard thing you confront, every bad thing that happens to you, every unfairness, every conflict, every sadness, tragedy, very disappointment and heartache, every temptation and every opposition happens for one purpose only: to give you opportunity to respond by applying in  your life the teaching of Jesus. As you do so you are changed to become more like Him"
We are always changing, we cannot stand still. We can only more forward of back ward. As we more forward we incorporate into our being the characteristics and qualities of God. As you more backward we assimilate the qualities of satan. Which way are we moving? That really hit me!
Also we I have such a HUGE testimony of God's Love for us. I KNOW with out a shadow of doubt that God love us, His children. I see it every day. We are no joke guided every day to who we need to see. Its a miracle that we can be in the right place and the right time. Yesterday we one of the most spiritual experiences ever and i was only a small part of it. When i first came to the area there was in investigator who has stopped taking with us because the sister was being really pushy (not cool) si the first and only time i met her I handed her a note from one of the other sister teaching her. (which if you know me..i forget most things..but I remember to bring the note) That was the first and last time i had seen her. One day this lady came up to the elders at mcdonalds and gave them a note and walked away. it said "why did God take me baby son" They never saw her again after that and had no way to contact her. They prayed and prayed to be able to see her again. yesterday we were picking the elders up and driving to contact some people to invite them to our fireside. We saw one of our normally very peppy and happy Returned missionaries who was obviously upset. We dropped the elders off to comfort him. We continued on. Then we had a dinner appointment with the elders and the RM was still with them. Seemed much happier and they explained something that happened. While they were talking a lady walked by, the elders said hello but kept talking. The the RM stopped and had a strong impression that he needed to talk to her. He ran after her and told her, I feel like I need to talk to you, do you want to meet my friends (the elders) So he took her over to them and immediately the elders recognized her that the one who left the note in McDonalds, the one i had remember to give the note to weeks prior. They got her info and set up a time to meet with her. Then we took the RM to our dinner appointment. He was soo happy. he could remember the good days and feel such a strong spirit and was able to help, and the elders can now teach her and her family. God loves all His children and wants us all to be happy. But it is all out choice, I read this week in Doctrine and Covenants 88:32 32 And they who remain shall also bequickened; nevertheless, they shall return again to their own place, to enjoy that which they are willing toreceive, because they were not willing to enjoy that which they might have received. It is all out choice! What are we willing to receive?? Are we going to enjoy all that we CAN receive?? There is so much good that is ours if we are willing to receive it.
We are having a baptism Saturday for one of the sweetest people I have ever met! Her name is Leah and I am pretty sure she teaches me more than I teach her! She is like a little sister to me! Such a blessing to know her! Cant wait for Saturday!

I know that this church is true and God is our Father in Heaven.

Have a good week! Love yous all :)
Sista Holmes

No comments:

Post a Comment